Re: hidden ssid, autoip on startip

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 15:32 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> I think the "correct" fix is to separate managed and adhoc networks in
> the network list...  Right now NM concatenates all networks with the
> same SSID together, regardless of the network's properties.

This was the suggestion last year when I brought it up.  At the time, I
remember explaining the symbols another OS uses to do what you suggest;
a tower for managed and a laptop for adhoc, both radiating.

Is there an issue tracker I should submit to so it's not dropped again?
Or, is there just no interest in this problem.  I'd be happy to look
into it but I don't have much spare time.  Perhaps someone familiar with
the existing code structure could aim me to a starting point or some
architectural overview document?

Paul
--
Paul Dugas, Computer Engineer                Dugas Enterprises, LLC
paul dugas cc        phone: 404-932-1355     522 Black Canyon Park