Re: change the gnome keyring manager password

On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 10:09 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 14:53 -0500, Jon Nettleton wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 09:21 -0600, Eli Criffield wrote:
> > > Oh sorry my reply wasn't an answer.
> > >
> > > Actually just another question (a poorly worded one).
> > >
> > > I wanted to have it be password-less, so it never asked for the
> > > password. But it looks like i can use pam-keyring to have the same
> > > effect, if only i had set my password to the same as my login password
> > > :)

> > This is really a discussion that should take place on the non-existent
> > gnome-keyring list. Anyways...
> >
> >  I will try and get a quick and dirty keyring-password command-line tool
> > hacked together tonight.  This can be achieved much quicker than
> > building all the gui stuff needed for an official patch, and seems like
> > it might be useful in the short term.
>
> If nothing else, it would allow people to synchronize their current
> keyring password with their login password, and then they could install
> pam_keyring and get it all working.

All this silliness was enough for me to step up and add the ability to
change passwords to gnome-keyring this evening.  I have updated gnome
bugzilla with my patch and can only hope it meets approval.  In the
short term if people want to use pam_keyring they can go to
http://www.hekanetworks.com/pam_keyring/  and install the pam_keyring
and gnome-keyring packages under the testing section.  Once that is
installed and you have logged on and off to launch the new keyring
daemon you can use "/usr/libexec/pam-keyring-tool -c" to change the
password of your default keyring.

Jon