Re: pptp vpn still broken

Nikolaus Filus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> although I should now learn for my final exams, I need some relax and
> looked again at the pptp plugin I use for connecting my university VPN.
>
> additionaly to setting my password in the pptp plugin (I really would
> wish a GUI solution), I need to apply the following patch, which enables
> mschap-v2, makes the checkboxes for mppe and mppc work and fixes a
> related crash. Using an older cvs snapshot from 4th february goes up to
> a successfull connection by pptp itself, but nm thinks the connection is
> not started, doesn't show a vpn icon and the ppp0 device wasn't configured.

One reboot later, I can't reproduce it that far and see the old
behaviour. For a second I see a ppp0 device in gkrellm (can't test that
fast if only up or even configured correctly) and then it disappears
again and is unconfigured (no IP)

NetworkManager: <information>   VPN Activation (cs-Netz) Stage 3 of 4
(Connect) reply received.
NetworkManager: <information>   VPN Activation (cs-Netz) Stage 4 of 4
(IP Config Get) timeout scheduled...
NetworkManager: <information>   VPN Activation (cs-Netz) Stage 3 of 4
(Connect) complete, waiting for IP configuration...
MPPE 128-bit stateless compression enabled
local  IP address 130.149.XXXXX
remote IP address 130.149.145.8
primary   DNS address 130.149.17.4
secondary DNS address 130.149.19.1

** Message: <information>       nm_pptp_dbus_message_handler() got
method 'signalIP4Config' for path '/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/pptp'.

** Message: <information>       PPTP State change: 3 -> 4

NetworkManager: <information>   VPN Activation (cs-Netz) Stage 4 of 4
(IP Config Get) reply received.
NetworkManager: <information>   VPN Activation (cs-Netz) Stage 4 of 4
(IP Config Get) complete.
NetworkManager: <information>   VPN Activation (cs-Netz) successful.
NetworkManager: <information>   VPN service
'org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.pptp
             ' signaled state change 3 -> 4.
NetworkManager: <WARNING>        nm_vpn_service_stop_connection (): (VPN
Service org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.pptp): could not stop connection
'cs-Netz' because service was 2.

I think something is wrong with state signaling or transitions. After a
first try of starting pptp, I can start another one, which comes up
correctly (vpn icon, ppp1 up) but with an IP of 1.1.1.1

I would gladly provide more information, just say what (and maybe how :)

Nikolaus