Re: nm-applet shows wrong state at boot

I agree that my solution is not a proper solution. My point was that it shows that the problem is a timing issue. NM has gotten so quick to make a wired connection at boot, that it sometimes (fast dhcp transaction) leaves nm-applet in the dust. You are right, some type of query is needed. Maybe there should be a nm-applet "up/down" state that gets sent to NM.

Bill Moss