Re: nm-applet shows wrong state at boot
- From: Robert Love <rml novell com>
- To: Bill Moss <bmoss clemson edu>
- Cc: networkmanager list <networkmanager-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: nm-applet shows wrong state at boot
- Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 20:19:10 -0400
On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 20:12 -0400, Bill Moss wrote:
> My analysis is that on boot to wired NM reaches stage5 of activation
> (where the dbus change of state signal is sent) before nm-applet is up
> and ready to receive that signal. My solution was to change the order of
> nm-applet in Gnome sessions Start Programs from the value 10 to the
> default value of 50. Since that change, nm-applet has not once shown the
> no-connection icon at boot when a good connection was in fact made.
This presumes you login right away (or even automatically), so its not a
proper solution. We should have nm-applet query the status if need be.
] [Thread Prev