Re: NM ignoring DHCP server

On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 11:32 -0400, Peter Jones wrote:

> > Last was a cisco 678 router, but read below before making any decisions.
> > Not a DHCP problem after all it seems.
>
> OK, so given that you mentioned (among others) ipw2200 v 1.0.6, you
> probably want to apply this patch:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/pjones/ipw2200/broadcast.patch
>
> and reinstall ieee80211.h as patched. Then rebuild ipw2200 and reinstall
> it.
>
> No idea about Atheros.

Thank for the help. I think I was wrong and the problems are rooted
elsewhere. At least the cisco problem was bogus. I just moved and had to
adjust an already running installation with my own AP. A cable needed to
be crossed but it wasn't. The light was on and it looked ok. The
problems looked like the usual ones (with the DHCP messaeges) so I
assumed it was because of the router. I corrected the setup and it works
fine now. The problem was getting through to the router instead.

Cheers
Rene