Re: hi there, kubuntu-gcc-4.0.2 compile fix

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 02:49 +0300, Engin AYDOGAN wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I had started a similar project a few weeks ago, when I didn't know about
> NetworkManager. After people told me about this project I liked to give it a
> try and use it via DBUS interface to built the KDE system tray app.
>
> Anyway, I checked out from CVS but compilation failed. Attached patch makes
> the "gcc version 4.0.2 20050808 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.0.1-4ubuntu9)" happy.
>
> The patch also includes a #define. Apparently the wireless-tools package
> kubuntu provides somehow not compatiple with the one you guys use.

Yeah, I'm going to have to refuse that bit of the patch... :(  We do
need a very up-to-date version of wireless tools to do anything with
WPA.  Upstream (ie, NM CVS) will continue to use the latest wireless
tools, and local distributions will have to patch it to work with
whatever version they use.

WPA support is going to be quite invasive, so I don't envision using
#ifdefs to disable WPA support on older distributions or kernels.

Anyway, the rest of the patch looks good.  Committed, thanks.