kubuntu network-manager doesn't work

Hi there,

I'm posting this as a seperate thread apart from the patch to keep things
clear ;)

I've installed network-manager package from kubuntu repo, and it immedietly
broke my connection. Even though a custom call to the dhcp client on eth0
configures the device correctly after a short time NetworkManager puts it in
to an unusuable state and uses the famous 169.254.0.0/16 IP for it.

And when it tries to switch to wireless network it ups my both wireless
devices and apparently route table is somehow screwed so that I cannot
connect to anywhere.

And sometimes `ip` starts consuming full CPU power, apparently ends in an
infinite loop.

Bottomline; I couldn't make NetworkManager work. BTW where do we set the
encrpyion keys to wireless devices ? A documentation is necessary.

--
Best regards,

Engin AYDOGAN