network manager freezes system.

Hi,

I have tried network manager (on an Ubuntu 5.10 Breezy on an IBM T42)

I connect to my university wireless network through VPNC.

As far I have tried (five crashes), here is what happens.

Using iwconfig, dhclient, and vpnc manually with the command line works
fine.

Usising network-manager and its associated gnome applet works (ie
detects, connects, connects with password manager...)

*however*

about 10-15 minutes afters connection, the systems hangs.
I haven't found anything in /var/log/*
This does not happens when not using network manager, ie connecting by
hand and disabling wireless devices in the applet.

I could provide logs if I was told how to increase debug level.

regards,

Ferréol.