Re: Hostname

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 18:40 +0000, Christian G�rote:
> Why isn't Networkmanager sending the hostname with the dhcp-request. If
> I use the regular init-scripts from Gentoo, my DHCP server registers
> them with the lease and provids it to the DNS. But with Networkmanager
> it doesnt..

Maybe you need to add it to the dhclient configuration file:

 send host-name "journeyhawk";

Yes, yet another location where that information is kept and must be
changed when you change your hostname.  Is there a decent solution to
this problem yet?

--
Karl Hegbloom <hegbloom pdx edu>