Re: DNS resolution slow + fix

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 17:29 -0400, Volker Braun wrote:
> EI'm not convinced that this is the right thing (TM) to do, but
> NetworkManager should "just work" with common DSL hardware. Ideally,
> NetworkManager would use only simple DNS queries as the lowest common
> denominator. As far as I know, there is no way to globally turn off
> edns0 in bind.

Hmmm... well, since Bind is being patched up anyhow, what if somebody
figured out how to make it adapt when a nameserver times out when edns
is enabled, but does not when it's disabled?  You'd get a 2 second
response time for the first lookup, then immediate thereafter.

--
Karl Hegbloom <hegbloom pdx edu>