Re: gconf _entry_unref patch

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 17:12 +0000, Robert Spanton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just downloaded and attempted to build the CVS NetworkManager sources.
> During compilation, I got a warning about an implicit declaration of
> "gconf_entry_unref" in gnome/applet/applet-dbus-info.c.
>
> I upgraded to the latest version of gconf (1.2.1). This still didn't
> solve the problem.

The latest (stable) version will start with 2.12.x. You just installed
GConf for GNOME 1.x.

> I looked around a bit, and found that there was little documentation,
> but after reading the gconf source a little, it would seem that
> gconf_entry_free should be called instead of gconf_entry_unref. I'm
> reasonably sure that this is correct, but someone might like to check.

In the API docs, it says:
Warning
gconf_entry_free is deprecated and should not be used in newly-written
code.

And gconf_entry_unref was added 3 years ago to GConf:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gconf/gconf/gconf-value.h?r1=1.34&r2=1.35

> So, anyway, here's a patch for NetworkManager that fixes the warning. I
> believe it's a patch against 1.2.5.

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>