Re: Static ip configuration

Haripriya S wrote:
Will it be a good thing to have a way to invoke the distribution-specific tool (system-config-network, YaST, whatever) to configure the network adapters from nm-applet? I have used netapplet before and that allows it. Also, nm-applet allows "Configure VPN", so why not allow "Configure Network Settings" also from nm-applet?

Thanks and Regards,
Haripriya S.

I think probably not a good idea. Sometimes my distribution-specific tool doesn't work, or freezes, especially when I run developmental releases. Also, some distros (gentoo and others) don't have default tools, but read config files.

Better to let NM source a config file or hook into whatever method your distro tool writes out than add a button to NM.

--Derek