Re: OpenVPN Questions

David Zeuthen wrote:

> I haven't looked at your code but I sounds like you are advocating
> configuration files in e.g. /etc or ~/.local/etc (I could be wrong
> though) and I think this is not something we want. Think of the benefits
> of using gconf here.

No, this was about the import feature of NM so that administrators can
give their users just a config file they can import so that the user
does not have to write directions like "fill abc in field x". So the
question is if we want to be able to import the openvpn config the admin
distributes right now (which could also be used by openvpn) or if we
want to import a ini style file (like PCF files but with different
entries, which would be close to OpenVPN terminology).

All settings are saved in gconf. Passwords will be saved in gnome-keyring.

Certificates are given as files since it seems that there is no central
infrastructure in place right now (please correct me if I missed
something). On
http://www.marcanoonline.com/wiki/Desktop_Certificate_Database_Library_proposal
is a proposal for a centralized storage, but until this has been
implemented we have to reference the paths on the harddrive to the .crt
and .key files.

	Tim

--
    Tim Niemueller <tim niemueller de>      www.niemueller.de
 Imagination is more important than knowledge. (Albert Einstein)