Re: Enabling VPN Support (again)

Dan Williams wrote:
On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 15:37 -0700, Mike Bydalek wrote:
I looked through the code and didn't really see what checks to see if vpnc is installed. There's nothing in the configure script that does this, so my big question is: How do you enable VPN support in NetworkManager?

If you look at src/vpn-manager/nm-vpn-manager.c at the very bottom,
you'll see a function called nm_vpn_manager_load_services().  That
function reads all files in SYSCONFDIR"/NetworkManager/VPN" and parses
them to make sure they are valid.  If the vpnc service file isn't in
that directory, then NM won't find the service.

The other utils also check that directory for the existence of any vpn
service files.  If they don't find any, VPN won't be available to you.