Re: vpn config

Hello!

I use Ubuntu and I didn't even know that NetworkManager is supporting
vpn-connections. Now I'm very suprised in a positiv manner. But I can
say that I have similar problems - and I am ready to test and try to
help fixing the problem. (If there is truly a problem, maybe I'm just
doing something wrong). See notes below.

Joris Vuffray wrote:
> I'm now using the cisco vpn-client on gentoo but it would be great to
> make vpnc usable with NetworkManager.
> I installed 0.3.3 as recommended by the list but still get the same
> error.

I use vpn every day. After selecting my wireless lan (with NM), I
usually start vpn from the commandline. It works just fine. I configured
vpnc that it asks for the password on connect. Everything else is
preconfigured in /etc/vpnc.conf.

Here is my version-output:
# vpnc --version
vpnc version 0.3.3
Copyright (C) 2002-2004 Geoffrey Keating, Maurice Massar
vpnc comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute copies of vpnc under the terms of the GNU General
Public License.  For more information about these matters, see the files
named COPYING.

Supported DH-Groups: nopfs dh1 dh2 dh5
Supported Hash-Methods: md5 sha1
Supported Encryptions: des 3des aes128 aes192 aes256
Supported Auth-Methods: psk psk+xauth

When I start nm-vpn-properties and click on add, it says
	Cannot add VPN connection
	No suitable VPN software was found on your system.
	Contact your system administator.

My Network-Manager-Version is the one comming with ubuntu:

	0.4.1-csv20050817-0ubuntu4

I hope this helps and I'm also hoping that I don't have to start vpnc
from commandline in the future. :-D

Greetings

Freddy

- --
Frederic Gaus                                 pgp-key: 93E6903C
fingerprint: 0C55 4517 CC1E 5F7F 9059  3535 AB54 D8E8 93E6 903C