Re: DHCP settings

Michael Droettboom wrote:

The difficulty I'm having is connecting at work, where a "DHCP client identifier" needs to be sent (presumably for an extra level of authentication). By adding

 send dhcp-client-identifier "xx:xx:xx..."

to /etc/dhclient.conf, I can easily connect using the ISC dhclient:

 /sbin/dhclient eth1

However, NetworkManager doesn't seem to pick up these settings.

I have a somewhat related request. I'd like to always add a couple domains to the resolv.conf "search" option, since I periodically work in places where I don't control the DHCP server (or where the DHCP server doesn't know how to hand out more than one domain for that option) and want easy abbreviated access to the numerous publicly-available servers at my organization.

With dhclient it's as simple as:

append domain-name " foo.org bar.com";

Is there a way to take advantage of the dhclient code for parsing dhclient.conf and configuring resolv.conf accordingly?

-myk