Re: NetworkManager, Wireless and Fedora FC4

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:39:04 -0400, Ray Hooker wrote:

> Well I am both encouraged and stuck.  NetworkManager was working but
> without the VPNC, so I upgraded to the versions as per:
>  http://people.redhat.com/davidz/nm-vpnc2/
>
> When upgrading, it complained that I needed dhcdbd, so I got and installed
> dhcdbd-1.6-1.rpm.
>
> When I rebooted, logged in under gnome and ran "/usr/libexec/nm-applet" it
> looks great.  It detects the other networks in the neighborhood and mine.
> The problem is that it doesn't do dhcp client and setup routing.  I have
> even tried doing a "pull down" from the applet and clicking on the
> wireless networks to connect.  NOTE**** the wired ethernet does not work
> either.  I am totally hosed other than manually setting up the routes and
> assigned a fixed ip address.. and resolv.conf.
>
> I suspect that it was the dhcdbd package that did it but any suggestions
> are appreciated.  If necessary I can reinstall FC4 as I want a set of
> steps that works cleanly without wondering as I often do with Linux (yes
> well after 2 days it works but I wonder what I did...?)
>
> Ray

Hi Ray,

I had the same problem last week on one computer with FC4.
You can find it on this list in 16.jun.2005.
And on the other hand, I have it working on another computer.
I don't know what went wrong or how to debug this, but you are not the
only one who had this.

Paul