Re: NetworkManager-0.4-32.cvs20050617 on FC4

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Neal Becker wrote:
> I'm not having any luck with NetworkManager from rawhide on FC4.  Is this
> message significant?
>
> Jun 21 16:49:04 nbecker2 dhcdbd: Started up.
> Jun 21 16:49:05 nbecker2 dhcdbd: message_handler: message handler not found
> under /com/redhat/dhcp/eth1 for sub-path eth1.dbus.get.reason

Hmm, this means that dhcdbd for some reason doesn't know about your eth1
interface.  Can you file a bug against dhcdbd in Red Hat bugzilla and then Jason
Vas Dias can follow up with you?

> Also, I'm running /usr/libexec/nm-applet under kde, and it crashes
> constantly.  Many crashes (but not all!) give this message:
> Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x3613)!

Ok, this is almost always a bug in the application, like something stomping on
memory, but could be an incompatibility with KDE's notification are.  I'll have
to check it out.  Can you file a bug with this one too and assign to the
NetworkManager component?  One thing you can do is to remove the nm-applet from
the KDE notification area and then:

1) gdb /usr/libexec/nm-applet
2) type "run" when you get the GDB prompt
3) Wait for the applet to crash
4) gdb should be back to the prompt, where you now type "t a a bt" and hit
return
5) Copy that output from GDB into the bug report against NetworkManager

Thanks!