Re: networkmanager wpa status?

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 10:23 -0500, Charles Henderson wrote:
>    What is the status of wpa in NetworkManager?  I saw an email several
> days back that said that the work had been done to the wpa backend.
> What and how much work is left to be done?

Work is proceeding slowly, but should be ramping up soon in the next
couple of weeks.  Its something we need to have.

That said, having looked a bunch at wpa_supplicant again, I'm no longer
convinced that it should be standalone.  I'm just not sure, but it
depends on how much the upstream maintainer _dis_likes patches that
would give the ability to turn wpa_supplicant into a library.  He's
stated that he doesn't see a reason to do so in the past, but perhaps
we've just got more convincing to do.