Re: [rfc] modems, isdn, and other relics of the stone age.

Quoting Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>:

> I think we've at least written off PPP and ISDN as being completely
> manual, since they require a load of configuration information already.
> We also cannot detect when we have carriers on these at all points.

I would hope you haven't written this off completely.  I'd very much like to use
NM to control my PPP-over-PCS configuration.  Right now I have to manually
ifup/ifdown the interface; it would be nice if it were tied into NM so I could
ifup/ifdown from NM instead of manually.

I don't care about carrier or anything else.  I can about being able to start
and stop the network from a central place.

> Dan

-derek

       warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available