Re: Two issues with 0.3.5

Peter Jones <pjones redhat com> writes:

> On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 13:00 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got two issues with 0.3.5 right now (well, STABLE_0_3 branch):
>>
>> 1) it's not noticing eth0.  I've got kernel log messages that the
>>    cable is plugged in, but NM never seems to switch to the ethernet
>>    device.  I'm wondering if dbus or hal is wedged.  Is there some
>>    reasonable way to test this?
>
> What kind of card?  What driver?  Does ethtool work with it?

e1000. Yes.  NM had previously worked just fine.  I suspect it's
either hal or dbus getting wedged, but I have no way to test.
Unfortunately I've since rebooted due to the FC3/Thinkpad Random Hang
Bug so I suspect it's working again; I'll test that theory this
afternoon.

>         Peter

-derek
       warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available