Re: OpenVPN support

David Zeuthen wrote:

>Cool, that sounds very good. As Dan mentioned, I did look at this but I
>didn't write any code at all for it. I've been meaning to fill out
>
> http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/NetworkManager/vpn-daemons/README?rev=1.1&view=markup
>
>at some point, right now it only says "The API for the VPN extensions
>points should be mentioned here" :-). Give me a few days and I'll write
>up something about the general design decisions and the specific
>interfaces we have in place... (and please do remind me if it's not
>there before Monday night eastern time).

Until then I have one initial question. Is it possible to use NMs DHCP
code for the VPN connections? OpenVPN either has user provided IP
addresses or DHCP whilst vpnc seems to have IP address selection as part
of the protocol.

>Of particular interest, I think, is the question of how we're going to
>handle certificates.

I'll start off with just unencrypted VPN:s and save that headache for
later. :)

Rgds
Pierre