Re: DNS problem (forwarding order?)

Dan Williams wrote:
On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 15:05 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:

If you really really care it shouldn't be too difficult to implement
nm-named-manager-dnsmasq.c and do conditional compilation.  Not sure if
Dan would take the patch, but it's probably not too much of a
maintenance burden.

Yeah, I'd take a patch

I plan to produce one when I get some spare time. (and when I've released dnsmasq 2.23, which has DBus support.) A question arises as to how the code determines which DNS forwarder to use. Obvious options are:

1) Conditional compilation
2) Runtime configuration.
3) Try options in turn and use the first one which is on the DBus.

Dan, do you have a preference?

Cheers,

Simon.