Re: DNS problem (forwarding order?)
- From: Peter Jones <pjones redhat com>
- To: David MacMahon <davidm astron berkeley edu>
- Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: DNS problem (forwarding order?)
- Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 19:16:11 -0400
On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 12:06 -0700, David MacMahon wrote:
> nameserver 127.0.0.1
> If I change /etc/resolve.conf to...
> nameserver 10.12.0.1
> nameserver <ip of dns2>
> nameserver <ip of dns3>
> ...then "host 10.12.50.12" always succeeds. This leads me to believe
> that the forwarders listed in the named.conf file are not always used in
> the given order.
Are you running nscd?
If you're using bind+forwarders _and_ nscd, that'll effectively mean
that the round robin behavior only applies to new queries; repeated
queries will always be resolved from the cache.
] [Thread Prev