Re: suspend/resume wired

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 10:47 -0400, Robert Love wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 09:03 -0400, Bill Moss wrote:
>
> > After an acpi suspend/resume, both e1000 and ipw2200 drivers are loaded
> > but the wired interface is not up. The patch fixes this by bringing up
> > all devices when NM wakes.
>
> Ha!  I spent the CVS outage tracking this down and came up with a nearly
> identical patch (see attached).
>
> I'm not 100% sure it is right, because wireless comes up fine without
> manually pushing it up.  So that makes me think wired should, too.  Or
> maybe wireless isn't obeying the down and this patch is right and
> another fix is needed elsewhere.

I think it is right. When we do .sleep, we force both links down and
then schedule a network change. When we do .wake, we don't bring the
devices back up, but we do test for if networks are available.  On
wired, we never get back that it's available, because link state is only
reported if the device is up.  For wireless, we have to initiate a scan,
and that brings the device up.
--
        Peter