Re: NetworkManager does not like my dhcp offer

DHCP spoofing can occur when someone installs a rouge DHCP server on a network. We have this problem on our campus. Students are not allowed to install their own AP but this year one of our graduate students has done it twice. When the rouge AP is configured as a DHCP server, your machine can be offered an ip address that is a duplicate of one already in use. If you know the info for the 'legal' DHCP server, you can spot the rouge. Our campus network services squashes rouges as soon as they show up.

--
Bill Moss
Professor, Mathematical Sciences