Re: dhcp-lease

On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 16:25 +0100, Bart Vanbrabant wrote:
> I've been testing NetworkManager on kotnet. Kotnet is the user network
> of the KULeuven in Belgium (http://www.kotnet.org). When we get a
> dhcp-lease and we want to access the internet we are redirected to a
> page to authenticate your self. The dhcp-lease is only given for 15
> minutes, if you don't respond you're session expires and you're logged
> out. This works fine with dhclient but when I use NetworkManager I'm
> logged out after about 15 minutes and I have to reobtain a lease with
> dhclient.

Hi,

Technically, NetworkManager starts a timeout handler for the # of
seconds of the time of the lease, and executes a DHCP Renew when it hits
that timeout.  Can you paste in the output of /var/log/messages starting
where it starts doing DHCP stuff until it says its connected?  That
should figure out what the lease times are, and from that I can see
whether or not NM is actually honoring those lease times.

Thanks,