Re: equivalent of /etc/dhclient-enter-hooks with NM and FC3

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 10:08 -0600, Peter Wittich wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using NM on Fedora core 3 on a dell latittude d600, TrueMobile
> 1300 with the linuxant wrapper. Very nice! this is a great project.
>
> One thing I have not figured out how to do is to get back the
> functionality of dhclient-enter-hooks and dhclient-exit-hooks which I
> had when using the old method of dhcp. I used these to modify the
> returned "search" bit in resolv.conf since the dhcp server I use
> doesn't set it to what I want by default,

Can you explain a bit more?  What doesn't the DHCP server add that you
want?  Is this because of VPN-type stuff?

>  and also to add the current
> ip address for my local node to /etc/hosts.

Hmmm.  Is there a reason not to do this automatically?  I.e. add a
reverse DNS entry in the generated named config for the active IP
address?