Re: Help, NM breaks my wireless conection (0.3.3-1)

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 09:33 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 00:59 +0100, Jens Lautenbacher wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > with the newly released NM, my wireless connection no longer runs
> > smoothly. It starts out OK, but then after some minutes will become
> > unresponsive until the kernel decides to reset the device. Then after
> > some minutes, the same and so on. There seem to problems with NM trying
> > to continually setting the frequency of the card (which fails), and some
> > management queue filling up (?) The relevant part of /var/log/messages
> > follows (XXXXXXX being not my real essid, which is not broadcasted by
> > the way):
>
> Haha, you my friend, have a prism54 card.  I often get the "kernel:
> eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full" message using my Netgear WG511v2 and
> haven't ever figured out what the deal with that is.  Could you post the
> message to the prism54 guys at prism54.org?  One way to troubleshoot
> this might be to install 'ndiswrapper' and use the Windows drivers for
> this card to try to isolate the problem to the driver itself under
> Linux, or to the card.

Hmm? I with the "older" NM (it was the version from rawhide from
Dec.8th) and before without NM I never ever had ANY problems with my
prism54 card. I NEVER had the connection look up. It startet at exactly
the same time yesterday when I installed the new NM.

Currently I start NM to get the card up and running, and then I simply
stop NM so it leaves it alone... the card runs smooth as ever.

Maybe it would suffice if I could make it stop trying to set the
frequency to 0.00000 (what ever that is)

	jtl