Re: Yet another case of Reply message was not UDP

Dan Williams wrote:
On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, Joe Barnett wrote:

I wonder if this is somehow ndiswrapper specific, as I'm seeing the
same thing with my ndiswrapper'd integrated broadcom chipset (as
reported earlier to this list)

If you guys bring up the ndiswrappered interface, and run 'dhclient -1 <interface name>', does that perform a correct DHCP transaction?

Yup, works like a charm. (after killing off NetworkManager ofcourse ;)

root ubuntu:~/ > dhclient -1 eth1
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client V3.0.1
Copyright 2004 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit

sit0: unknown hardware address type 776
sit0: unknown hardware address type 776
Listening on LPF/eth1/00:90:4b:16:46:a6
Sending on   LPF/eth1/00:90:4b:16:46:a6
Sending on   Socket/fallback
DHCPDISCOVER on eth1 to port 67 interval 5
DHCPREQUEST on eth1 to port 67
bound to -- renewal in 39047 seconds.

- S