multiple AP's with same essid

At Clemson University we have over 250 hidden AP's with the same hidden essid cuairnet. When I first used NM in the office, I entered the campus hidden essid cuairnet and 64 bit hex WEP key using the 'Other Wireless Networks' dialog. The essid and key were stored in the gconf database. When I went to class, I had to repeat that process, once again typing the 64 bit key. In the gconf database, two addresses now appeared in the address list for the ... -> wireless -> networks -> cuairnet. And so on in the next class, in the library, in the department conference room, in the college conference room, etc. One solution would be to load the campus AP list into the gconf database but this is not a user friendly solution. Here is a suggestion to make NM more user friendly in this scenario.

Modify the 'Other Wireless Networks' dialog Key Type dropdown menu by adding the item

      'Key already entered'.

If a method of avoiding repeated entry of the same key in this scenario is already in place, let me know how to use it.

--
Bill Moss
Professor, Mathematical Sciences