Re: NetworkManager and suspend

Hi,

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 15:21:45 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 21:08 +0100, Rene Rask wrote:
>> Is NetworkManager able to detect changes in state like S3/S4/S5 and
>> recover from it? or should I edit my suspend script and restart
>
> Nope, NM is blissfully unaware of power management right now, which is
> wrong.  I haven't had time to look at it though.  Interestingly enough,
> what usually happens in the suspend scripts that people have is that they
> 'rmmod airo' or 'rmmod ee1000'.  That signals HAL that the driver is gone,
> and it will then signal NetworkManager that to remove that device from its
> list.  When you wake up, the scripts commonly have 'modprobe airo' or
> whatever and that makes HAL signal NM of a new device.  In any case, if
> the driver supports sleep I don't think this dance is necessary, and
> NetworkManager doesn't deal wtih that case yet.

I have an e1000 card, and it does not need to rmmod before suspending.
But when I suspend/resume, there is a link down/up event like (only the
UP posted  here ):
Feb  3 21:33:16 t41 kernel: e1000: eth0: e1000_watchdog: NIC Link is Up
100 Mbps Full Duplex

So NM sees a device with a link change to UP and tries to connect on it.
Isn't this the way it was supposed to happen ?
Why do we need more acpi events ?