Re: Small problems in Ubuntu hoary.

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 17:40 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:

> NMI should always be run as your user of course, so there seems to be an
> issue here.  Can you tell me what verison of DBus you're running, and
> what the contents of /etc/dbus-1/system.d/NetworkManagerInfo.conf is,
> that would help a lot.  I believe (and John Palmieri or Colin Walters
> can correct me) that the version of dbus you're running has to have the
> Console User permissions patch so that NetworkManagerInfo program can
> access the system bus.

The default NetworkManager D-BUS policies are essentially Fedora
specific.  I'm not aware of any other major vendor (that isn't
essentially a direct Fedora/RHEL clone) that ships with pam_console by
default.

Since you're using Ubuntu, you should investigate what their
NetworkManager packages (http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/NetworkManager)
do, since clearly they have it working.  It might make sense for them to
submit a patch which conditionally chooses which D-BUS policy to install
depending on the target distribution.