Re: DNS Caching and resolv.conf

I figured out how to force the authorative servers to NM's bind
config.  I edited /usr/share/NetworkManager/named.conf and changed the
line
forwarders { @@FORWARDERS@@  };
forwarders { @@FORWARDERS@@  10.50.255.4; 10.50.255.3; 10.10.0.1;
216.139.253.3; };
I needed to make sure there were two spaces after the @@FORWARDERS@@
or it failed to pull my dns servers from dhcp.  It would be nice to
see the addition of a simply dialog into the GUI to add these without
having to edit configuration files for new users.

Now I only have one remaining issue and that is how to get NM to pass
a custom search string to resolv.conf and save me the hassle of typing
the full domain name for my most commonly used hosts.

--
-Nathan R. Ben-Attar
benattar gmail com