DNS Caching and resolv.conf

I just installed NM on my Ubuntu laptop and love it but have two issues.

1.) Most important.  I have thusfar been using djbdns for caching a
private TLD on the internal network at work.  I connect to the network
via openvpn and under djbdns all I've had to do was create a textfile
containing the authorative nameservers for each TLD on the network.
How do I do this under network-manager's BIND implimentation since it
seems to be adamant about overriding and killing my djbdns?  Or better
yet, can I just kill off BIND and use what works for me?

2.) Ubuntu uses dhclient and I've had a custom search path dynamicly
added to resolv.conf by dhclient to make resolving hosts I use
regularly easier.  Judging by the resolv.conf that NM creates I can
saely assume that it does NOT use dhclient and therefor I would like
to know how to specify a search line to be inserted into resolv.conf

--
-Nathan R. Ben-Attar
benattar gmail com