Re: kde (again)?

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 07:32 -0500, Neal Becker wrote:
> I've been following networkmanager devel enthusiastically for several
> months.  I haven't been able to use it, because I use kde, and I need to
> set WEP keys.  I've never seen any guide to how to make this work.  I
> understand that in the present status somehow gnome's key manager needs to
> be started - but I don't know how to do this.
>
> I think that networkmanager will miss out out >1/2 of the linux audience
> unless there is some way for kde users to make this work.  Could someone
> kindly explain the procedure?

Timo Hoenig said he was writing a KDE applet for NM on Nov 23 (see
thread about "NetworkManager with KDE").  I'd encourage him to stick it
in CVS even if it's not complete...

The WPA changes are likely to break the current applet<->NM dbus
interface as well, so if it was in CVS then the KDE applet could be
fixed up along with the Gnome one.