Re: atho support

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 11:30 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:

> > 1- But the card itself is supported?
>
> It should be, since madwifi is fairly well supported.  If you're trying
> to use the completely OSS reverse-engineered HAL, likely it won't work.

My main NM development laptop is madwifi.  So, Trey, Atheros works
great, promise. ;)

There are a couple issues that are fixed in the new madwifi-ng, but most
everything is smooth.

> > 2- Should I then switch to WEP in the meantime?  What is the ETA (if
> > known) of WPA support?
>
> Yeah, for the mean time use WEP.  ETA unknown, but we're all working on
> it as the main focus right now.

I have offered my first born son to the victor in the "Implement WPA"
contest.  He is strong, noble, and speaks flawless Portuguese.

	Robert Love