Re: OpenVPN support

<quote who="David Zeuthen">

> Of particular interest, I think, is the question of how we're going to
> handle certificates. Ideally we should use a common certificate store so
> the user has a single UI for Evolution, Firefox, Thunderbird, Gaim and so
> forth. I think the general solution may be a bit out in the future (I
> think someone is working on it though, not sure) so I guess initially we
> can store these in gconf (or the path to the cert which will be in $HOME
> somewhere).

This might be feasible with upcoming versions of Mozilla, which will use a
standard MozStorage interface and backend (sqlite). Was talking to Mike
Shaver about it this week, citing certificates (in particular) as an
important interface for desktop software.

- Jeff

--
EuroOSCON: October 17th-20th    http://conferences.oreillynet.com/eurooscon/

    "It's like having someone say to you, 'You should get back together
     with your first wife. You guys were good together'. It's not that
                  simple." - David Byrne on Talking Heads