Re: managing preferred networks

I think a "manage prefered networks" dialog would be a good idea.
This way you could even order them and create a priority within the
preferred list.  E.g., I always prefer "foo-a" over "foo" (I have
two networks at home) because I prefer 802.11(a) over 802.11(b/g).

-derek

PS: On a related note: it would be nice if NM could realize that
there's a difference between an (a) and a (b/g) network even when they
both have the same SSID.  Last week at the IETF they had used the same
SSID for the (a) and (b/g) networks, so I had to specifically tell my
atheros card to prefer the (a) network -- but that failed when I was
in the one area that ONLY had b/g...  Unfortunately NM doesn't really
handle this situation.  :(