Re: debugging lack of link events

Quoting Robert Love <rml novell com>:

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 11:36 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:

Yep.  I see kernel-log linkup/linkdown messages just fine after a
suspend/resume..  And if I stop NetworkManager I can ifup eth0 and it works
just fine.

Is the device still listed in HAL?

How do I tell?

Now that I know where to look and I can see if the netlink socket needs to get
reset after a resume..

I have an e1000 and it works fine after resume..

What version of NM?  I'm using STABLE_0_3 on FC3.

One reason I'm not sure it's NM is that restarting NM doesn't fix the problem. That's why I'm thinking it's HAL or dbus. But even when I restart NM it knows
there's an eth0 device and initializes it.  But it doesn't notice link after a
suspend/resume.  This is also true if I unload the driver...  :(

	Robert Love

-derek
      warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available