Re: NM brings up eth0 even if no wired connection available

On 04/05/2005 02:30 PM, Peter Jones wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 14:16 -0700, Marc D. Field wrote:
>
>>I'm having a problem with NM:  Even though my computer is not connected
>>to an ethernet cable (and my wired interface, eth0, is set NOT to start
>>at boot), NM brings up eth0 automatically.  This, of course, screws-up
>>my wireless connection.
>

> How so?  The two interfaces should have nothing to do with one another.

I'm not sure exactly what happens or why, but once NM brings-up eth0,
applications can't connect to the Internet or local network.  Pings
fail.  If I check the routing table, it's been changed.  All entries for
eth1 are removed.  If I stop the NetworkManager service, dhclient eth1,
 and add back the default gateway to the routing table, all is well again.

Does that answer the question?

Thanks!
Marc