Re: ubuntu for novices (NetworkManager)

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 09:36 +0800, Senectus . wrote:

> oooh, I am _so_ looking forward to seeing that!
> Being able to swap quickly and easily between different networks would
> such a boon to me!

I'm also really interested in this tool.
In the meantime I'm still fighting with guessnet.

Has anyone tested NetworkManager on Warty yet?
Maybe compiling it from source and getting it running on Warty this way
could be a temporary solution till the release of Hoary.

What about automatically switching smarthosts (exim, postfix, etc)?
Will NetworkManager support such software?

Thanks for feedback.
Regards,

 I.

P.S. This E-Mail goes in cross-post to networkmanager-list gnome org to
which I'm not subscribed to. Please consider Cc: on reply, thanks.

--
   .''`.   Ivo Marino <eim mentors debian net>
  : :' :   irc.FreeNode.net chan #debian-mentors