Re: ubuntu and NetworkManager

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 14:18:00 -0500, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 11:14 -0800, Joe Barnett wrote:
> > interface, just about my wireless interface).  I'm using ndiswrapper
> > for the driver, do I have to do anything to make NM know about the
> > interface?
>
> If HAL doesn't know about the interface, then NetworkManager won't.
> What's the interface name, and what are the contents of:
> /sys/class/net/<interface name>
> /sys/class/net/<interface name>/type
>
> You'll need to have a /sys/class/net/<interface name> for it to work.
> If you don't, your network driver is busted and should be fixed.
>
> DAn

it's wlan0:
$ ls /sys/class/net/wlan0/
address   broadcast  flags    iflink  statistics    type
addr_len  features   ifindex  mtu     tx_queue_len  wireless
$ cat /sys/class/net/wlan0/type
1

the PCI information about the card shows up in the hal device manager
thingy, for whatever that is worth.

-Joe