CVS-12-21-04

The ipw2200 driver does not report scanned signal strength. To eliminate this as an issue, I hardwired

strength = 50;

in NMWirelessAppletDbus.c

Now I see a 50% strength indication in the panel applet. I am assuming this change eliminates signal strength as an issue.

Now NM connects to the wired and wireless networks on campus, but in Ad-Hoc mode. Consequently, resolv.conf gets overwritten by NM with local info only so of course DNS does not work on campus. NM should be operating in Infrastructure mode and DNS info should come from DHCP.

Somewhere the logic is messed up. I am struck in Ad-Hoc mode.

--
Bill Moss
Professor, Mathematical Sciences