Re: local nameserver support

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 16:25 -0500, Daniel Gryniewicz wrote:

> Let me qualify.  Gentoo doesn't install bind on every install.  You have
> to install it separately.

Neither does Fedora, but:

>  So, since I have to install something anyway,

I'd imagine that Gentoo's package system supports dependencies, right?
Why couldn't the Gentoo NetworkManager package just depend on bind?
That's what I plan to do for the Fedora package.

> I would very much prefer dnsmasq to bind.

One approach would be to make the current
nm-named-manager.c a GInterface, and have specific implementations like
nm-named-manager-bind9.c and nm-named-manager-dnsmasq.c that could be
chosen at compile time.