Re: NetworkManager CVS on Debian, PCMCIA cards

On Sat, 2004-12-18 at 22:17 +0100, Johan Bilien wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get NetworkManager (CVS) to see my PCMCIA PRISM2 card on Debian
> unstable. I'm using linux-2.6.10-rc3-mm1, and the card appears correctly
> in sysfs when plugged in (/sys/class/net/wlan0). However it is not
> listed by HAL, and thus isn't seen by NetworkManager. Am I missing
> something? HAL version is 0.4.2.

Well, if its not seen by HAL, then NetworkManager won't see of course...
You might ask on the HAL lists?  hal freedesktop org

Other than that, what is the output of the following commands?

1) cat /var/state/pcmcia/stab
2) cardctl info
3) ls -al /sys/class/net/wlan0

That should give us a better idea of the state of the card.  What driver
is it using?