Fwd: Better link-local code

> Hmm, I have to think about this.  Previously, failure of DHCP would
> trigger a switch to a new access point.  In this new code with autoip,
> failure assigns a link-local address to the card rather than searching
> for a new AP.
It could do both: assign a link local address on the wired
connection(if there is some link) and also look for a new AP on the
wireless card
It doesn't hurt to have a link local ip definie on the wired
connection, because they can't interferate with other ip that a dhcp
could offer on the wireless card.

the problem is when no dhcp are found on both wireless and wired
connection, we can't assign a link local adress on both i think.

--
Sebastien Estienne

--
Sebastien Estienne