Re: dhcpcd experiments

Dan Williams wrote

Bill,

Can you update from CVS and try it out with the Barricade?  I've
reverted the DHCP code to creating and sending full ethernet frames, so
it should either work or be easier to track down the problem if it
doesn't work.  If you could, do a 'make clean', then './autogen.sh --
prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc' then make and make install it, just to
make sure you've got updated DHCP code.

Thanks!
Dan

OK
1. I did cvs -t update and screen output indicated the update was done but when I looked in the dhcpcd directory it had not been updated. I am a CVS novice so I punted and updated the 9 relevant dhcpcd files from the Web CVS
repository.

2. After make install, I successfully booted and obtained a connection on my campus wireless where the AP's
do not broadcast their ESSID.

3. I returned home and successfully booted and obtained a connection to my SMC Barricade 7004 AWBR.

The changes made today in the dhcpcd code seem to have fixed the issue I had with the Barricade not responding with
a DHCPOFFER.

--
Bill Moss
Professor, Mathematical Sciences