GDB Console

Hi,

I've been working up a prototype for a GDB console window so far based on Gtk::TextView for my own benefit and I thought I would inquire whether there were any interest in such a beast from the Nemiver maintainers.

Architecturally speaking, my intention is just to pass anything user types to GDB via the MI -interpreter-exec command and display anything passed to me by the IDebugger console_message_signal.  This would be enough I think to satisfy my needs, would it be enough to bother including in the main source tree?  I do see that a GDB console has been on the wishlist for a long time and doesn't seem to have materialized.  Perhaps I'm missing something and this is much trickier than I think it is?

Bill